Friday, March 9, 2012

Sleepers - by Jacgueline Druga - Great story that could do with a little proofreading

Originally Read February 17, 2012     3 Stars

I would love to give Jacgueline Druga's "Sleepers" 5-Stars. The story was original, well paced, kept my interest and had a very satisfying ending. The problem is self publishing. Not a bad thing in itself, but this book really needed a proofreader. Dozens of instances of grammatical errors, incorrect tense being used, the awful "I couldn't care less" and more. It was so bad, that I nearly gave up, but by that time, I was two-thirds of the way in and really wanted to see where the story was headed. Three stars means I liked it, but not enough to really recommend. Maybe, if the author took it back and had someone proofread the work and make all the needed corrections, it would be a different story, but for now, that's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment