Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skulls - by Tim Marquitz - Fine original Horror

Originaly read April 16, 2011     4 Stars

More of a long novella than a novel, but Tim manages get get a lot of horror into relatively few pages in this imaginative and completely original story. Jacob Rile is basically a good kid, so what if his Father is an abusive drunk and his Stepmother couldn't give a damn. He has his friends and a girl who seems to care a lot for him. When Jacob discovers a mystery on the property of old man Jenks he starts to lose it all. I'm not a squeemish person., I love Horror and read it more than any other genre, but I actually squirmed in my chair as I read portions of this book. I've been reading a number of stories by younger writers lately and this was, by far, one of the better efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment