Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chaos Bites (Phoenix Chronicles, Book 4) - by Lori Handeland - Warning: It will leave you hanging

Originally read January 26, 2012     3 Stars

OK, I'll admit it, Lori Handeland is a guilty pleasure for me. I read a Nightcreature short in a collection one time and immediately went out and bought the entire series, I think there were seven at the time. I then started reading the Phoenix Chronicles when they started coming out. However, I actually wish I handn't read her lastest in that series, "Chaos Bites". Don't get me wrong, it was a fun read, everything you'd expect in this Romantic/Fantasy genre. But let's say reading this one was like getting just to the point where a character was in the heat of passion, nearly to the point of climax and she stops. Yeah, that pretty much explains what I felt like at the end of the story. There is so much more to tell here and Lori has gone back to writing books in some of her other series while leaving us hang in The Phoenix Chronicles with no word on when or if she'll pen another. I hit her up on facebook and asked her why she would do this to me and she responded, "It seemed like a good idea at the time". I'm not saying don't read it, it's actually the best of the series so far. I'm just warning you that you'll be left wanting more. I just hope there is more...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment