Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Insylum - by Z Rider - A haunted attraction that is not for the faint-hearted



4 of 5 Stars     Review copy

Every year, as Halloween gets closer, Haunted Attractions become big business around the country.  People pay lots of money to be scared to death.

In her new novel, Insylum, author Z. Rider tells us of one such attraction that has taken the show on the road and made it a year round enterprise. Supposedly, it's the most intense experience imaginable.  Lifelong friends A.J. and Nate decide to pay the price on the last night before A.J. is deployed to Afghanistan.

Insylum is incredibly dark, unrelenting, and at times disgusting, as the writer pushes all the right buttons to make this reader squirm again and again.  Let me just say, maggots creep me out, and yes, there are maggots.

I must admit I love a good Haunted Attraction and so far, I've been able to drag my wife along when I take the family to one of these fun-houses, I'm going to have to make sure she doesn't read Insylum or I'll never get her to another one.

Much like the best of the haunted hayrides, houses, and corn mazes that pop up every Autumn, Insylum is not for the faint-hearted, but it is for those who love to have the crap scared out of them.

From Dark Ride Publishing Insylum is now available in paperback and Kindle formats through Amazon.com.  If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, you can read it at no additional charge and if you have Amazon Prime, you read this one for FREE by making it your next selection through the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment