Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Head Full of Ghosts - by Paul Tremblay - Could quite possibly be a perfect book

5 of 5 Stars     Review Copy

The advance praise I've seen from a number of authors I admire and respect made me doubt A Head Full of Ghosts could be as good as they were saying. Well, after reading the book myself, I'm no longer a doubter.

Paul Tremblay's new release could quite possibly be the perfect book.  Best-selling author Rachel Neville plans to write the true story of "The Possession," a reality show that aired on The Discovery Channel a number of years ago.

She's managed to arrange an interview with Meredith (call me Merry) Barrett who is telling her full story for the first time.  It's the story of how the reality show about her sister Marjorie's "possession" came about, and how it all played out in a six-episode series on cable TV.

The relationships among the family members, although strained at times, rings true, especially that of Marjorie and little sister Merry.  The childhood memories were absolutely charming.

Skillfully written and very believable with some wonderful "Oh, WOW" moments A Head Full of Ghosts is not at all what I expected, and for that reason and many others, it's a so much better novel.

Available in hardcover, e-book, and audio editions, A Head Full of Ghosts is a must read for all horror fans.

My highest recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment