Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Surrogate - by David Bernstein - Be careful what you wish for

5 of 5 Stars     Review copy

Rebecca and Tom Hardwick, like many modern couples have put off raising a family, now Rebecca is 36 and they are actively trying to have a baby when tragedy strikes.

This leaves the couple unable to have a child of their own, even adoption does not seem to be a workable solution.   Now in therapy, Rebecca learns of a remarkable way she and Tom may be able to have a child to call their own.

Even if you think you might have an idea where this is going, I'm nearly certain you'll be surprised.

Surrogate is a fast paced story from start to finish with barely a chance to catch your breath.  I've read a few stories by David Bernstein and have yet to be disappointed.  He writes about real people in real situations and then takes it just a bit beyond reality.

David also knows how to push all of my buttons, at times making me angry, occasionally sad and at one point I was actually nauseous.  Parts of this book are visceral, disturbing, and all too satisfying.

And just when I thought I had an inkling where this was going, there's another twist.

Surrogate is no fairy tale, but if you enjoy real life horror and aren't too squeamish, I think you might really enjoy this new short novel from the folks at Darkfuse.   Surrogate is available now for the Kindle from Amazon.com and if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited you can read it at no additional charge.

Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment