Friday, July 1, 2016

Mister White - by John C. Foster -

4 of 5 Stars

The book starts with the question, "Who is Mister White?" Even now, having read the book, I couldn't tell you.  Not because I don't want to give anything away, but because I really don't know. What I do know is if I hear his name I should fear for my life.

If you work in the field of espionage and..."If you heard the name Mr. White you are already on borrowed time."

Lewis Edgar heard the name and now he's on the run.  No matter where he goes people wind up dead and now he's wanted as a person of interest in those cases, but all he can do is continue to run.  Having to change identities with the frequency the average person changes their attire.

The story is enhanced with having his wife, Cat, and daughter, Hedde, on the run separate from Lewis.  I particularly liked the scenes with Hedde dealing with some local hooligans.

Mister White is not a perfect spy thriller or a supernatural horror tale, but has elements of both. Although I found the writing to be choppy in places, once I got into the heart of the story the suspense was thick and the action unrelenting.

There is some serious weirdness in this book.  Can Mister White be killed.  Can you kill a nightmare?

In the end, I still don't know who or even what Mister White is, but if I'm honest with myself, I don't really want to know.

Mister White is published by Grey Matter Press and is available in paperback and e-book formats.

John C. Foster was born in Sleepy Hollow, NY, and has been afraid of the dark for as long as he can remember. A writer of thrillers and dark fiction, Foster lives in New York City with the actress Linda Jones and their dog, Coraline.








No comments:

Post a Comment