Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Ghoul Archipelago - by Stephen Kozeniewski - A zombie feast that didn't quite satisfy

3 of 5 Stars     Review copy

I love zombies, some of you may already be aware of this, and for that reason it was difficult for me to only give this read 3 Stars.

A couple months back, I was approached by author Stephen Kozeniewski to read The Ghoul Archipelago and provide an honest review.  As soon as I heard it was a post apocalyptic zombie novel, I was in.

After a rather slow start, the pace did pick up, but for me the story never really came together.  I found the multiple story lines to be a bit confusing at times. The overall effect was a fractured story for me.

The writing was good, sometimes it was even great, but there was so much to the story. Zombies, pirates, virtual sex-drives, a crazed religious leader, and  a maniacal military man. All great story-lines, but it just seemed to spread everything a little thin.  In a way The Ghoul Archipelago was a bit like going to an all-you-can-eat buffet and pigging out, only to regret it later.

The Ghoul Archipelago is available now in both paperback and ebook formats from Severed Press and through Amazon.com.  If you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited you can read this one at no additional charge and if you are an Amazon Prime member you can borrow it as your monthly selection through the Kindle Owners Lending Library.

If you're a die hard zombie fan, you may want to read this book and I'm glad I read it, but I can't honestly give it my recommendation.




No comments:

Post a Comment