Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Eterna Files - by Leanna Renee Hieber - A search for a cure for death in the late in 1882

3 of 5 Stars     Review copy

I wanted and expected to like The Eterna Files much more than I did.

Set in New York City and London in 1882, and dealing with spiritualism and parallel searches for a cure for death, it really seemed like something I would enjoy.

Although, I found the story to be intriguing at the start. It soon became too wordy, as moments of sheer delight were separated by page upon page of pure boredom.

The writer would go off on tangents and then seemingly drop those ideas and either return to the original storyline or go off on another tangent.  In addition, the end of the story gave me zero satisfaction.  It's almost as if it's a set up for a sequel, though I hope not.

The Eterna Files is available in hardback and as an ebook from Tor, a division of Macmillan publishers, through various retailers.

This is one I can't readily recommend, but as always, your reading experience may vary.


No comments:

Post a Comment