Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Devil In the Dollhouse - by Richard Kadrey - A Sandman Slim Short

4 of 5 Stars

Sandwiched between Aloha from Hell and The Devil Said Bang, this Sandman Slim short covers his first few days as the new Lucifer.  It's obvious he's not happy about his new role.

Here's what he has to say on the matter, "Hi.  I'm the Devil.  No, seriously.  I used to be James Stark or sometimes Sandman Slim, but then the Lucifer 1.0 pissed off back to Heaven and stuck me running Hell.  I thought that was the worst thing that ever happened to me.  That was three days ago.  Today things got worse."

If you're not reading Richard Kadrey, you are really missing out.  Some of my most enjoyable reading moments over the last few years have been with a Kadrey book.  It started, for me, with Butcher Bird, one of my favorite reads from the last five years, and now with the Sandman Slim series.

"Run like a zebra at a waterhole and a pride of lions just showed up with ketchup and silverware." Yes, run to your local book-seller or online merchant and get started with the first in this wonderful series, Sandman Slim.  Just remember, I told you to do it.  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment