Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Even Hell Has Standards: Pride - by Chantal Noordeloos - A novella about a serial killer's plan for being a big deal in Hell

5 of 5 Stars

About a year ago I won a copy of Angel Manor (Lucifer Falls Book 1), a wickedly enjoyable ghost story.  (Check out my review here http://frankmichaelserrington.blogspot.com/2014/12/angel-manor-lucifer-falls-book-1-by.html) Since that time I've been Facebook friends with the author, Chantal Noordeloos, and have frequently found her posts to be charming, witty, enlightening, and entertaining.  Recently, her publisher sent me a copy of a new novella she has coming out called, Even Hell Has Standards: Wrath.  Since this is the second in a series, I went out and bought a copy of the first book, Even Hell Has Standards: Pride.

The story is about serial killer, Adolf Zacherny, who dies in a shoot-out with authorities and wakes up, naked, in Hell.  This was his end-game.  With all the torment and suffering he caused in life he really believes he'll have similar role in Hell.  Actually, things don't work out as planned.

Set any preconceived notions you may have of Hell aside and allow the author to paint the landscape for you.  I found Chantal Noodeloos' world-building to be quite plausible, even if it's not the fire and brimstone many of us are accustomed to.

I found this original horror story to be both entertaining and worthy of a sequel.  As a result, I'm looking forward to returning to Hell when I read Even Hell Has Standards: Wrath in the near future.

Even Hell Has Standards: Pride is available from Tip My Hat Publishing as an e-book.

A quick read, one I can easily recommend .

Chantal Noordeloos lives in the Netherlands, where she spends her time with her wacky, supportive husband, and outrageously cunning daughter, who is growing up to be a supervillain.

There are many genres that Chantal likes to explore in her writing. Currently Sci-fi Steampunk is one of her favourites, but her 'go to' genre will always be horror. "It helps being scared of everything; that gives me plenty of inspiration," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment