Saturday, September 15, 2012

Deep Nights - by Joe Mckinney - Short story, like a good episode of The Twight Zone

No cover - 4 of 5 Stars

I can't for the life of me remember what I clicked on to get to this short from Joe McKinney, but from somewhere on the internet, the combination of FREE and the name Joe McKinney got me to this part cop story and part supernatural tale.  Glad I found it.

Officer Steve Fisher recently moved to what they call Deep Nights,  the 11-7 shift, on San Antonio's West Service Area.  As the new guy he thinks he's being pranked, but the truth is so much stranger.

In the words of Office Fisher, "And let me tell you this, the idea that the supernatural really happens, especially when it's supported by an experience like mine, grows inside your head like weeds in your lawn."

Joe McKinney is a former homicide detective with the San Antonio Police Department and the Bram Stoker award winning author of Flesh Eaters.  Although Deep Nights is only a short, it's definitely a good one.

One of the places where you can read Deep Nights for FREE is http://forbiddenzone.webs.com/deep.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment